So, just now I listened to Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan's talk and I feel that I should share with people about this.
We are getting near to Ramadhan and I guess everyone must be excited. :D
First of all, Allah introduces Ramadhan as the month of which Al-Quran was revealed. Only then, Allah ordered the people to fast. How incredible is that when Allah started the verse by telling people that Ramadhan is the month where the Al - Quran was revealed. It shows that Ramadhan and Al-Quran are inseparable.
Surah Al-Baqarah: 185,
"The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful."
Then, Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan continued his lectures with Tafseer of Surah Al-Jumuah but he only focused on the first two verses.
The first verse starts with:
''Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is exalting (tasbeeh) Allah, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Exalted in Might, the Wise."
1. Everything around us is doing tasbeeh, so they remind all us of Allah. If everything can do tasbeeh, why not us. Right?
2. Allah emphasizes on his attributes. Allah tells us that HE is
i. The King (The Sovereign)
ii. The Ultimately Pure and Purifier (The Pure)
iii. The One Who is Respected and has Authority (The Exalted in Might)
iv. The Wise
Then, in the next verse, Allah says
"It is He who has sent among the unlettered a Messenger from themselves reciting to them His verses and purifying them and teaching them the Book and wisdom - although they were before in clear error-"
1. Allah gives honor to someone who is "Ummiyin" (someone who does not even know how to read and write.) So, what can we learn here is that EVERYONE deserve RESPECT and do not underestimate people.
2. The Messenger is among them. So, for sure they know how Prophet talks and communicates. When the Prophet recites the Quran, the people know that it is NOT from him. It is from another source.
Let's just relate it to our lives. We know our parents and siblings very well. We know how they communicate and talk. One day, our sibling recites poem from Shakespeare, we definitely know it isn't her words right? Same goes to the Prophet. Everyone knows that it is NOT his words. It's from Allah.
3. Let's see what the Prophet did.
i. Recite to them His verses
ii. Purify them
iii. Teaching them the Book
iv. Teaching them wisdom
Ok, now relate this to the first verse. What are the attributes of Allah?
i. The King
ii. The Ultimately Pure and Purifier
iii. The One Who is Respected and has Authority
iv. The Wise
Err, can you see the relation?
Ok, let me tell you.
i. Allah is the King, so what the Prophet does? Recite to them His Book. A King is known by his signs. So, the ultimate sign of Allah's existence is His Book.
ii. Allah is the Ultimately Pure and Purifier and what Prophet does is purifying them.
iii. Allah is The One who is Respected and Has Authority. So, the Prophet teaches them the Book which contains the law and constitutions from Allah. So, it shows that Allah has the authority and should be respected.
iv. Allah is the Wise and the Prophet teaches the people wisdom.
2 parts of purifications:
How beautiful Islam is when Allah balances these two aspects of human as for Christianity, it focuses on the spiritual (heart) and Jews focuses on intellectual (mind).
Subhanallah. I'm amazed with Al-Quran. Two miracle verses of Al-Quran. Ya Allah, Al-Quran is the greatest gift of Allah to us. Do not ever take it for granted.
In the verse 2 of this Surah, Allah gives the formula to accomplish the Prophet's mission. Masha Allah. We have to believe in this formula because the condition of the Quraisy before Rasulullah is sent down was in clear error, but Allah elevates them by sending the Prophet who recites to them His verses and purifies them and teaches them the Book and the wisdom. Subhanallah.
If this formula is proven effective before, then it is possible that this formula will work successfully if and only if each and everyone of us gives an effort to make it becomes reality. I totally believe in this formula.
Addition from the talk.
1. Everyone has their level of understanding. Do not expect people to understand everything. It's a process. It doesn't mean that when a person is a muslim, he/she must know everything. It's WE, who have to approach them and share this gift to them.
2. The Book (Al-Quran) is very beautiful, but sometimes we present it in a very ugly way. That's why some people see Ad-Deen as something that scares them, not something beautiful.
3. Ramadhan is around the corner. Let's start all over again! Set an intention that I WANT TO UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT AL-QURAN. Insha Allah.